We aim to provide a well-planned curriculum that:
- Provides a stimulating climate which enables pupils to learn and achieve to the highest possible standard.
- Seeks to extend pupils’ skills, knowledge, understanding and creativity.
- Provides opportunities for pupils to fully master skills and understanding before moving on to the next step.
- Encourages every child to develop as an independent, self-motivated learner.
- Values each individual within a climate of mutual care, trust, respect and honesty.
- Seeks to ensure equality of opportunity and reflect the cultural diversity of society with a strong understanding of community cohesion.
- Assists pupils to develop an understanding of and respect for the environment and world in which they live.
- Actively involves parents and the wider community in the life of the school.
We plan a highly creative and relevant curriculum based on the needs of our children and which willprepare them well for the next stage of their education. Everything that a child does in school is seen as a learning experience. The formal lesson time is 23 hours a week. In addition to this there is time for registration, an act of worship, mid-morning break and lunch.
Learn Academies Trust
The Learn-AT Curriculum and Pedagogy Group (CPG), comprising senior school leaders and Learn-AT Specialist Leaders in Education meets regularly to develop guidance for academies about the underpinning principles and rationale informing both the curriculum and the key pedagogies supported and promoted by the Trust. Supported by Whole Education, CPG worked throughout 2017/18 to develop shared vision, values and policy. The Learn-AT Curriculum and Pedagogy Framework was launched at the Trust’s annual conference in August 2018. For more information, including the Learn-AT Curriculum Pedagogy Framework, please see: