Number of pupils and pupil premium grant (PPG) received
Number of pupils who were eligible for PPG – 16 (this number increased during the academic year)
Total amount of PPG received 2016/17 financial year – £23,155
Total amount of pupil premium grant spent – £23,155
Intervention strategies carried out in 2016/17
Academic Support- £4,929:
- 1:1 tuition including work to accelerate progress
- SEN intervention
- Classroom support
Targeted specialist interventions – £12,370:
- Drama therapy
- Social development
- Emotional support
- Family support
- Bereavement counselling
Individual financial support – £1,280:
- Residential trips
- School trips
- After school clubs
- Music tuition
Enrichment activities – £4,570:
- Enterprise club
- Language tuition
Impact of the Pupil Premium Grant spending 2016/17
- During the year we have met with each child’s parents or carers to ascertain their views about how to support them.
- Of the year 2 pupils who have now moved onto Key Stage 3 only 1 failed to achieve a scaled score of 100 or more in all three curriculum areas.
- 2 pupils are also SEN and only one of these pupils has had attendance issues. However, this has significantly increased from 88% attendance to 94% attendance. We believe that this is due to the emotional support and family liaison we put in place during the year.
- 73% of pupil premium pupils are working at the expected standard for their age or above and 60% of pupil premium children are working at the greater depth standard in one or more curriculum areas. 27% of this group are working towards the expected standard.
Strategy reviewed – September 2017