Meadowdale Primary School is committed to openness and transparency in the provision of information to all persons or organisations that request it. We will provide information promptly, subject to the following conditions, which are based on our duties under the Freedom of Information Act 2000:
- Copies of reference documents, such as policy statements and procedural guidance, will be provided free of charge from the school office or our website at http://www.meadowdale.info.
- We will aim to confirm within 5 working* days whether or not we hold the information you request, and if we do, we will provide it within 20 working*days. *Please note: Working days will be term time only as set out in Statutory Instrument 3364.
- Your request for information must be made in writing (letter, email or fax) to ensure that we have a clear statement of what is requested.
- In some circumstances we may withhold the information you have requested under one of the exemptions applicable under the legislation.
- If you do not accept our reasons for declining to disclose the information requested you should write to the Chair of Governors at the school in the first instance. If you are not happy with their response, you may contact the Information Commissioner at: The Information Commissioners Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF, Telephone 01625 545700, Fax 01625 52451, Email [email protected]
- Whilst we will provide most information free of charge, we may charge a fee for photocopying/printing/faxing/postage of longer documents. We may also charge if you ask for information in an expensive alternative format, subject to legislation such as the Disabilities Discrimination Act. (See ‘Charges’ below).
- If we intend to charge for the provision of information, we will tell you in advance through a fees notice what the charge will be and will provide the information when we have received payment (cash, cheque or online payment). The time between the issuing of the fees notice and the receipt of your payment will not be count towards the 20 working* days within which we are required to provide information.
- We may be unable to provide the information you request for any for the following reasons:
- We do not hold the information.
- We are applying an exemption to the disclosure.
- It would cost the School more than £450 to provide the information (this figure is set by Government and is based on the work exceeding 18.5 man hours to gather the information).
- If we are unable to provide the information we will do all we can to advise you as to how you might obtain the information elsewhere or in a different way to keep the cost down.
- The School will seek advice from the Local Authority’s Information Governance Manager as necessary to clarify any points or to help resolve any disputes over information requests.
The general charge for photocopying, printing and faxing or emailing information as an attachment is 2p per sheet. Postage charges will be at the appropriate rate. For more substantial items, the fee charged depends on whether we estimate that it would cost more or less than £450 to provide the information.
In the vast majority of cases the cost will be under £450 and we will then charge only for photocopying, printing, faxing and postage. We may also charge for any work required to put the information into the required format, which could involve, for example:
- summarising the information;
- putting the information onto CD, video or audio cassette;
- translating the information into a different language.We will not normally charge for providing information in an alternative format where this is requested on grounds of disability.