We aim to provide a well-planned curriculum that:
- Provides a stimulating climate which enables pupils to learn and achieve to the highest possiblestandard.
- Seeks to extend pupils’ skills, knowledge, understanding and creativity.
- Provides opportunities for pupils to fully master skills and understanding before moving on to the next step.
- Encourages every child to develop as an independent, self-motivated learner.
- Values each individual within a climate of mutual care, trust, respect and honesty.
- Seeks to ensure equality of opportunity and reflect the cultural diversity of society with a strong understanding of community cohesion.
- Assists pupils to develop an understanding of and respect for the environment and world in which they live.
- Actively involves parents and the wider community in the life of the school.
We plan a highly creative and relevant curriculum based on the needs of our children and which willprepare them well for the next stage of their education. Everything that a child does in school is seen as a learning experience. The formal lesson time is 23 hours a week. In addition to this there is time for registration, an act of worship, mid-morning break and lunch.