This week the children have
- Blended to read and segmented to write words with five sounds
- Written sentences to describe the settings and characters in the story of ‘Little Red Riding Hood’
- Completed their guided reading sessions
- Compared three items by capacity, length, weight and height
- Completed repeating pattern vegetable printing
After half term, the children will be –
- Blending to read and segmenting to write words with five sounds and words with more than one syllable
- Reading the book ‘Minibeast Encyclopaedia’ and writing facts about Minibeasts
- Revisiting doubling, halving and sharing
- Completing a Guided Reading session
- Writing Minibeast fact files
- Exploring uses of ICT in our lives
We hope that you all have a restful and fun half-term break. Please continue to listen to your children read throughout the week and revisit our tricky words (listed at the front of the purple reading journals). It is also very important to encourage your child to write as often as possible. They could write about their adventures or even write about ‘minibeasts’ in preparation for our new topic! Keep revisiting the spellings (graphemes) sh, ch, th, ng, ai, ee, igh, oa, oo, ar, or, oi, ow, ur and er.
Please look in your child’s book bag for a writing home activity.